Chiropodist North London
Our Chiropodists at our North London clinic are specifically trained in the assessing, diagnosing and subsequently treating diseases of the lower limb. They are trained to alleviate, prevent and correct these disorders and provide general foot care advice.
A chiropody treatment can include the cutting of toenails, the removal of an in-grown toenail, calluses, corns and treatment for foot ailments such as plantar warts, athlete’s foot, sweaty feet, foot odour and dry and/or cracked heels.
In addition, a chiropodist trained in biomechanics, which is the study of posture and walking is able to provide biomechanical assessments to advise on flat feet, heel pain, knee pain, bunions, and general problems.
Areas of work for a Chiropodist:
- Dermatological and other foot related conditions, eg corns, calluses, verrucas, in-growing toenails and fungal infections.
- Management of chronic disorders
- Minor surgery using local anaesthesia
- Assessing, monitoring and treating foot problems and deformities caused by diseases and treating patients with a high risk of foot problems.
- Analysing a person’s walk or run and correcting by prescribing, producing and fitting orthotics etc.
- Educating areas of society such as elderly and children
We also offer Chiropody home visits or you can come to our Islington, North London clinic.